You've always wanted to make history...Here's your chance!
And it's more affordable than ever. You'll love the fantastic prices for Season Nine participation!
Tall el-Hammam Excavation Project: Season Nine 31 January through 27 February 2014
As of 1 November 2013 it is not possible to sign up online as a TeHEP Volunteer for Season Nine. But YOU CAN STILL BE A VOLUNTEER FOR THE COMING SEASON BY CALLING GLENDA IN THE TSU ADMIN OFFICE AT 505-332-4253. Everything else below applies, except that now when you sign up you must be ready to pay in full.
The Tall el-Hammam Excavation Project (TeHEP) is one of the most important archaeological excavations in the Holy Land. The are many reasons for this, but here are some great ones: We're unearthing the largest Bronze Age site in the region, likely the site of biblical Sodom itself. We're headquartered at the new Best Western Grand Hotel in Madaba. The weather is perfect for excavating, not too hot, not too cold. And the training, experience, and fieldtrips are fantastic! That's why as many as 80% of our participants are repeats from previous seasons.
Located just northeast of the Dead Sea at about 500 ft. below sea level, Tall el-Hammam is ideal for digging during the winter months, with daytime temperatures ranging from 55 to 75 degrees F. And the air is cleaner and clearer during this time than any other time of the year.
The excavation is rich with architecture and artifacts from the biblical world. Our beautiful, new dig headquarters is in the midst of the city of Madaba, which dates back to ancient times and provides wonderful cultural experiences for the members of our team. TeHEP proves that archaeology doesn't have to be endured, but can be enjoyed as a great vacation! TeHEP also provides field trips and side-tours to spectacular sites like Petra, Jerash, Mount Nebo, and many others. If you've always dreamed of working on an archaeological dig, this is your opportunity to participate in one of the most biblically significant excavations in history while enjoying excellent accommodations, food, and unparalleled learning experiences!
View dates and details at the TSU Bible Land Expedition website by clicking HERE. Whether you come for two weeks or for the entire season, there are four easy steps to follow: (1) pay your down payment ($750) at www.shop.tsu-edu.us, or contact Glenda Austin in the TSU administrative office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (505-332-4253). After 1 November 2013, you must contact Glenda to pay for the dig in full; (2) we will take care of your hotel arrangements and provide detailed instructions for you to follow as a TeHEP team member; (3) you will take care of your own air/travel arrangements in coordination with instructions from TeHEP Personnel Coordinator, Jean Luddeni; and (4) you must pay your balance before 1 November 2013. After 1 November 2013, you must pay in full for the dig by contacting Glenda Austin in the TSU administrative office. Please be aware that you cannot book into the TeHEP headquarters hotel by any other means. TeHEP team members must stay at our headquarter hotel (we cannot make exceptions).
With these three easy steps, you'll maximize your ability to budget the cost of your trip. Because we've reserved the entire Best Western Grand Hotel in Madaba for the duration of the excavation season, we're pleased to announce that the prices for team members for Season Nine are a fraction of what they've been in past years. For example, in the coming season even a four our five week stay is less than the price of a two week stay in previous seasons. Our 2014 hotel headquarters is beautiful, brand new, locally owned, and excited to have the Tall el-Hammam excavation team in residence during our 2014 dig season. It will truly be "our home" for the whole season!
Early registrants receive significant discounts on excavation package pricing.
View the details and prices of TeHEP Season Nine member packages by clicking HERE.
These are the requirements for individuals who wish to participate:
1. Register and pay your down payment online at the TSU Online Store by clicking HERE. or use the contact information provided above. Do this as soon as possible (if you wait too long, the security clearance required for you to work on the excavation in Jordan may not be processed in time, and the cost of the trip does increase with time). After you've taken this step, we'll contact you and provide further details. Make sure you provide all the requested contact information.
2. You must be in reasonably good physical condition. This is for your own protection. Working on an archaeological excavation can be physically demanding. While we always try to match dig responsibilities to the physical abilities of individuals, there is always considerable walking over rough terrain. Many of our staff and volunteers are well into their 60s, 70s, even 80s, so you don’t have to be "young" to enjoy the dig experience of a lifetime. But you must be able to handle the work and the difficult landscape!
3. You must be a team player. People with their own agendas, or who are inclined to "do their own thing" to the exclusion of others, are usually more trouble than they’re worth to the Project. We need people who are courteous, helpful, thoughtful of others, and conscientious about being at the right place at the time with the right stuff.
4. You must carry your own travel and medical insurance. Many credit cards offer travel medical insurance plans that are comprehensive and inexpensive. There are medical facilities in Madaba, the location of our headquarters, but you must have your own insurance should a medical problem arise.
5. 100% of cancellation fees are generally covered by travel insurance programs provided the premium has been paid and the reason for cancellation is insurable. Those who do not take out travel insurance should be aware of the following cancellation penalties for the down payment: from the time of registration a $250 non-refundable administration fee applies. Thereafter, the following refunds apply beyond the administration fee: 120 days or more prior to the excavation start date 75% of the down payment balance is refundable; from 60-119 days prior to the excavation start date 50% of the down payment balance is refundable. There is no refund for cancellations 0-59 days prior to the excavation start date (31 January 2014). Submit cancellation in writing.
If you have questions, please contact Glenda Austin in the TSU Administration Center, 505-332-4253, or email her at email@example.com.
We hope to see you at Tall el-Hammam this coming season! <title>tall el-hammam excavation project, Jordan</title> meta name="description" content="tall el-hammam: the discovery of biblical sodom">
<meta name="keywords" content="sodom, sodom and gomorrah, biblical sodom, tall el-hammam, tell el-hammam, tall al-hammam, dead sea area, tall el-hammam excavation project, tehep, jordan, trinity southwest university, biblical archaeology, site of biblical sodom, site of sodom, dr. steven collins, archaeologist steven collins, discovery of sodom, city of livias, abel shittim, biblical excavation, biblical discovery"
Copyright . Trinity Southwest University. All rights reserved.